I haven’t updated in a while. I’m doing quite well but I’ve been busy and a lot has happened! Let’s go to the bullets.
- I left Mexico 10 days earlier than expected. I didn’t make it to Sayulita and Puerto Vallarta. Due to some drug cartel violence and blockades around Guadalajara, I decided to cut my trip short and head home. I think I was pretty much ready at that point anyway.
- I stopped in Los Angeles on the way to visit friends.
- I flew home!
- I started applying for jobs while I was still in Mexico. I lined up a few interviews pretty quickly, including one a few hours after my flight got in.
- One of those interviews worked out and as of a week ago, I am back among the employed.
- I bought a nice used car.
- I am enjoying the amenities of Northern California: great wine, cheese, every kind of cuisine, and my own bed.
I would like to get back to this blog eventually and write about something other than hostels and bus rides but for now, I’m letting myself relax. I hope everyone out there (all five of you who read this) is having a nice day as well.